Excerpt From TRANSFORMERS 1

Before time began, there was the Cube.
在很久的过去,能量体就已经存在了。
We know not where it comes from,
我们不知道它从哪里来,
only that it holds the power to create worlds and fill them with life.
只知道它拥有创造世界和生命的力量。
That is how our race was born.
我们这个种族就是这么诞生的。
For a time, we lived in harmony,
我们一直和谐地生活着,
but like all great power, some wanted it for good, others for evil.
就像其它巨大的能量一样,人们要它的目的有善有恶。
And so began the war, a war that ravaged our planet until it was consumed by death,
所以战争开始了,一场使我们的星球毁灭的战争,
and the Cube was lost to the far reaches of space.
能量体也丢失在浩瀚的宇宙里。
We scattered across the galaxy, hoping to find it and rebuild our home,
我们搜寻了整个银河,希望可以找到它来重建我们的家园。
searching every star, every world.
寻找每一个星球,每一个世界。
And just when all hope seemed lost, message of a new discovery drew us to an unknown planet called Earth.
就当我们都失去希望时,新的线索把我们带到了一个星球叫–地球。
But we were already too late.
但是我们已经太迟了。

Sam, Mikaela and Bumblebee
山姆,米奇拉和大黄蜂( 片段简介:两人初见大黄蜂。)

-Mikaela: What is it?
这是什么?
-Sam: It’s a robot. But like a…
是机器人。但是像…
Like a different… You know,[E 1] like a super-advanced robot.
是另一种…超级先进的机器人。
It’s probably Japanese.
大概是日本机器人。
Yeah, it’s definitely Japanese.[E 2]
对,肯定是日本的。
-Mikaela: What are you doing?
你现在怎么办?
-Sam: I don’t think it wants to hurt us. It would have done that already.
如果他要伤害我们,一定一早就动手了。
-Mikaela: Really? Well[E 3], do you speak robot?
真的吗?你会讲机器人语吗?
Because they just had, like, a giant droid death match.
因为他们俩刚刚进行了一场生死决斗。
-Sam: I think it wants something from me.
我觉得我有他要的东西。
-Mikaela: What?
什么?
-Sam: Well, because the other one was talking about my eBay page.
因为另外一个跟我提过我的易趣网页。
-Mikaela: You are the strangest boy I have ever met.[E 4]
你真是我见过的最无厘头的人。


-Sam: Can you talk?
你会说话吗?
-Bumblebee: XM Satellite Radio…
卫星收音机。
Digital cable brings you… …Columbia Broadcasting System…
数字广播系统…哥伦比亚广播系统…
-Sam: So[E 5] you… You talk through the radio?
你是通过广播讲话?
-Bumblebee: Thank you, you’re beautiful. You’re wonderful, you’re wonderful.
谢谢你,你很漂亮。你太棒了,太棒了。
-Sam: So, what was that last night? What was that?
那…昨晚是怎么回事?那是什么?
-Bumblebee: Message from Starfleet, Captain… Throughout the inanimate vastness
of space…
来自浩渺宇宙的…星河舰队长官的讯息…
Angels will rain down like visitors from heaven! Hallelujah!
太空访客会如天使般成群降临,哈利路亚!
-Mikaela: Visitors from heaven? What…
太空访客?什么…
What are you, like, an alien or something[E 6]?
你是什么,是外星人还是…?
-Bumblebee: Any more questions you want to ask?
还有别的问题吗?
-Sam: He wants us to get in the car.
他要我们上车。
-Mikaela: And go where?
可是去哪儿呢?
-Sam: Fifty years from now, when you’re looking back at your life,
50年之后,当你回望今生,
don’t you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?[S 1]
你想后悔没胆上这辆车吗?
-Mikaela: This car’s a pretty good driver.
这车是个不错的司机呢。
-Sam: I know. Why don’t you[E 7] go sit in that seat, there?
我知道。你为什么不坐在驾驶位上?
-Mikaela: I’m not going to sit in that seat. He’s driving.
我才不要坐那,他在开呢。
-Sam: Yeah. You’re right.
嗯。你说得对。
Well, maybe you should sit in my lap.
要么你坐在我膝盖上?
-Mikaela: Why?
为什么?
-Sam: Well, I have the only seat belt here. You know, safety first.
这里只有一个安全带,安全第一嘛。
-Mikaela: Yeah, All right.
嗯,好吧。
-Sam: Right?
行吗?
-Mikaela: Yeah.
嗯。
-Sam: Okay. There, see?[E 8] That’s better.
好的。看,好多了吧。
-Mikaela: Okay.
好的。
-Sam: Okay.
好的。
-Mikaela: You know, that seat belt thing was a pretty smooth move[S 2].
你这个“安全带”之计还使得蛮圆滑嘛。
-Sam: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Mikaela: You know what I don’t understand?
其实我想不通。
Why, if he’s supposed to[E 9] be, like, this super-advanced robot,
他既然是个超级先进的机器人,
does he transform back into this pieceof-crap[S 3] Camaro?
为什么还要变回这么一坨烂车?
-Sam: Whoa![E 10] Whoa!
哇!哇!
Oh, see? No. Get… No, that doesn’t work[E 11]. See?
你看,这样不行,看见没?
Move it, you moron!
开走!你个混蛋!
Great, now… See? Fantastic.[E 12]
这下好了…看见没?太妙了。
Now you pissed him off[S 4]. That car is sensitive.
你把他气跑了。这个车很敏感的。
I mean, $4000 just drove off. What?
我的4000美金就这么跑了。啊?

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.’
“自由权利归众生。”

电影片段而已,美国可不管巴基斯坦人民死活:-D)
( 片段简介:汽车人用眼镜定位火种)

-Optimus: Please[E 13], let this work.
拜托,希望有用。
-Autobot: Fire it up, Optimus.
启动吧,老大。
-Optimus: The code. The code on these glasses indicates the All Spark is 230 miles from here.
代码。眼镜里的代码显示火种源,在离这里230哩远处。
-Autobot: I sense[E 14] the Decepticons are getting ready to mobilize. They must know it’s here, as well.
我感觉到霸天虎已准备开始行动了,他们一定也知道火种源在这里。
What about Bumblebee? We can’t just leave him to die and become some human experiment!
大黄蜂怎么办?我们不能就这么眼睁睁的被他们当作试验品。
-Optimus: He’ll die in vain if we don’t accomplish our mission. [E15] Bumblebee is a brave soldier. This is what he would want.
如果我们不完成任务的话他的牺牲就白费了。大黄峰是名勇敢的战士,这会是他所希望的。
-Autobot: Why are we fighting to save the humans? They’re a primitive and violent race.
为何我们为拯救人类而战?他们是个原始且残暴的种族。
-Optimus: Were we so different? They’re a young species. They have much to learn. But I’ve seen goodness in them.
我们以前不也是吗?他们是个年轻的种族,还有很多要学。但我看到过他们的优点。
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. You all know there’s only one way to end this war.
自由是所有有情感的生物之希望。你们都知道结束这战争只有一个方法。
We must destroy the Cube. If all else fails, I will[E 16] unite it with the spark in my chest.
我们必须消灭能量体。如果其它方法都失败的话,我会将它与我胸中之火光结合。
-Autobot: That’s suicide. The Cube is raw power. It could destroy you both.
那是自杀行为。能量体的能源非常不稳定,可能会造成韩魏相攻。
-Optimus: A necessary sacrifice to bring peace to this planet. We cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes.
为这星球的和平,牺牲是难免的。我们不能让人类为我们的错误而偿命。
It’s been an honor serving with you all.[E 17] Autobots, roll out![S 5]
很荣幸与你们共战至今。汽车人,出发!
-Autobot: We rolling![E 18]
出发!

Expressions:

[E 1] You know, …
就像汉语中的连接词“那个”一样,You know虽然没有确切的意思,但却是英语口语当中不可或缺的高频词。
[E 2] Yeah, it’s definitely Japanese.
口语当中,表达100%确定的时候,可以使用definitely这个副词来增强语气。
[E 3] Well, …
同[E 1] 相似,但well一词出现在口语当中更多运用于讲话之前的停顿(由于思考等),也可以表示惊异、怀疑、同意、让步、规劝、责备等。
[E 4] You are the strangest boy I have ever met.
口语当中使用最高级,除了比较本身的含义外,也有一种夸张表述自己感受的成分。
[E 5] So, …
用于表示推测,或者进行下一个话题。
[E 6] … or something?
表示猜测、建议时常用or something做句尾。例如:Do you want to drink a beer or something?
[E 7] Why don’t you …
提建议经典句式。
[E 8] see?
短小精悍的一字句。表示Do you get it?
[E 9] He’s supposed to …
be supposed to 表示理应,应该。口语中用这个句型比must要委婉。举例:You’re supposed to be here before 8:00 am.
[E 10] Whoa!
口语常用感叹词,表惊喜。
[E 11] That doesn’t work.
work一词除了表示工作,口语中也常表示对某事起作用。
[E 12] Fantastic.
口语中,当语气出现消极的时候,一些正面的词表示负面意思。相当于汉语常说的:“瞧你干的好事!”
[E 13] Please …
口语中除了礼貌用语“请“以外,也表示”请求“。
[E 14] I sense …
我感觉到⋯⋯
[E15] He’ll die in vain if we don’t accomplish our mission. … in vain if …
如果⋯⋯就白费力气了。
[E 16] If all else fails, I will …
如果都行不通,我就⋯⋯
[E 17] It’s been an honor serving with you all.
It’s been an honor … 用于很庄严的时刻,表示“很荣幸能够⋯⋯”
[E 18] We rolling!
我们出发!美国口语中没有系动词直接出现v+ing的形式很常见。
[S 1] have the guts to get in the car?
have the guts to do sth. 有胆量做某事。
[S 2] smooth move
Sth. is a smooth move表示很聪明的一招。
[S 3] piece-of-crap
表示某物老旧,看不上眼。
[S 4] pissed him off
piss sb. off 使某人生气。
[ S 5] roll out!
出发!

By Forrest

一条单身狗。

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注